Monday, March 7, 2011

Have you ever had one of those moments when you think,"my kids are amazing"?
I have had many. What can I say? I am a proud mom!
This morning when I checked my phone there was a picture from Brandon, this picture!

And that's when the moment struck me! He is amazing.
Let me start at the beginning.
Brandon is known to not have the best of luck. If something bad could happen it will happen to him. And very,very seldom will you hear him complain about it.
He has been wanting to volunteer for humanitarian work for quit a long time now. And it seems that every time he gets close to being able to do so his bad luck kicks right in.
In December he was all ready to go and he wrecked his truck. Not a biggie you say. Well this is Brand that we are talking about. Bad Bad Bad driving record. We thought for sure he would have his licence revoked for eternity. (it was not)
He ended up not going .
Well for Spring Break he decided he would give it another try. I must admit I feel bad. I did not offer much support on the idea.
Less than a week before he was to leave a nice friendly police officer showed up at our door. "Brandon has a warrant out for his arrest." (this would be that luck again) We could all picture it. Brand trying to leave Mexico and they throw him in  Tijuana jail because he has a warrant out for his arrest.
After much research.... an many hours it was straightened out. (unpaid speeding ticket)
Yipee!!! And he was able to go.
At 4:30 am he came in our room to tell us good bye. At 5:00 am the morning news says sending your kids to Mexico is a fine idea if they go to the resort places. But places like Tijuana are not a good idea.
Cool!!!! We just let our son head there!!! And the son with the most amazing luck!!
Needless to say........ I am so proud of him. He has had a dream and he went after it with all his heart. There was plenty trying to stop him, there was many that did not offer much support. But he went with it.
And to do good! I have said that he does not have a pot to piss in,but he gives everything he has to help those poor little orphans that have nothing.
Yesterday I called him to see how things were going. His group had  all gone to church and dropped him off at the orphanage while they where gone.
He was playing basketball with the kids.
And the picture he sent.It sums it all up. I hope that he is proud of himself.
I am!!!!

No comments:

Hello All

Well I have recently been inspired to start blogging. For the last 3 months I have been following some amazing blogs and have been given much hope, happiness and inspiration from people I have never met. It is amazing. I hope that I may be able to inspire others the way I have been. Happy blogging!!!

Blog Archive