Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lunch Lady Land.....

So for about three weeks we (lunch ladies) have been preparing for a STATE audit..... O.k so this is kind of a big deal. The state controls everything... serving portions, menus right down to where we place the food in the serving areas. It is just pure and simple craziness. To say the least things in the kitchen things have been a little tense. Trying to figure out the way they would like to have things done. How do they even know if it works? Do they feed these little darlings everyday? Do they really think that we are going to leave things the way they wont? No we are not. We need to do what works. So tomorrow is the big day!! Hope everything goes smooth.



On a lighter note I must share with you all what amazing students we have at SV. They are the most polite things I have run into in a long time. There is not a day that I work that I do not hear "Thank You" at least 50 times. Can you imagine! These are High School students. It amazes me. So last week the kindest young man says to me as he hands me his tray to be washed " thank you, every day, thank you I just appreciate it so much" I almost wonted to shed a tear. I don't even get that kindness at home. I think a lot of parents are doing a great job raising some very great kids.

No comments:

Hello All

Well I have recently been inspired to start blogging. For the last 3 months I have been following some amazing blogs and have been given much hope, happiness and inspiration from people I have never met. It is amazing. I hope that I may be able to inspire others the way I have been. Happy blogging!!!

Blog Archive