Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just a Pickin'

We had just the must splendid day today! Grannie,Cortney,Me and the little diva Maya all went to *Grandma garshes house to pick wild raspberries!!!

I thought I was a little experienced in this department but......well let my wounds do the talking. I wore short sleves, shorts and flip flops. Ouch!!!


It was all worth it though. We ended up with heaps of berries. I was in Heaven just thinking about the money I would be saving. I just bought a 12 ounce bag of frozen mixed berries yesterday for 5 smackaroonies.

Oh it was so much fun with little Maya there. She is the entertainment that is for sure. What a little princess. And oh so dramatic. Her mother had made her a little lunch to bring with her. She let us all know this the minute she got in the car, it was" so we did not have to stop any where on the way home to eat". Well wouldn't you know it the dog ate her sandwich (was this a accident? not sure) and she informed us that we needed to stop and get lunch now. Well no one else was even a tad bit hungry, but how do you say no to this little diva, bating her eyes and all that little sass!!! As you have guessed we stoped and got lunch at mickey d's. Oh I just love this little girl.(forgot to take the camera, so no pictures of the princess)
Anyways........... a little washing and a little smashing. And I was on my way to making some freezer jam. Yum Yum Yum!!!

Not just freezer jam but " NO SUGAR NEEDED" jam. Just like the package says!


Well open the package up and follow the directions and that "no" sugar ends up being 3 cups of "no" sugar!!! Should have known.... who makes jam with no sugar that is just wrong.


I ended up with 11 bags of jam and 7 bags of berries to freeze for smoothies etc...Not to bad.


And the ending of a wonderful day......the beautiful sunset that I watched out my kitchen window as I did all this work.



Hope ya all had a beautiful day to.... Love ya all!!!
* Grandma garsh is Grandma Leishman. We call her that because everything is always oh my garsh with her




1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't believe your scratches! Thanks for picking me some berries, they are so good! And thanks for taking my little diva, along with all of her sass. She is so lucky to have you, Cortney, and Grandma love her so much!

Hello All

Well I have recently been inspired to start blogging. For the last 3 months I have been following some amazing blogs and have been given much hope, happiness and inspiration from people I have never met. It is amazing. I hope that I may be able to inspire others the way I have been. Happy blogging!!!

Blog Archive