Friday, July 16, 2010

vacation part 2

Who would have thunk that such a small little place would allow me to post twice???? I guess that Virgina City holds more than I could ever imagine.



Probably my most favorite part of the trip was this part... ..Back in the day they used to hang people!! Upon coming into the town there is a small hill that you can go to and see all that there is to see. This is the place that was at one time the town cemetery. Here you will find 5 marked graves of "road agents" that where hung (or hanged? which is correct).


This is George Lanes grave. aka Club foot George. His foot is really on display in the museum. And yes we did see it. Oh my it was nasty. But as you might guess, Denver thought that it was real cool.



The towns people decided that they did not wont to be buried by these men and so they dug up there family members that had gone before and made a new cemetery just done the road a ways, but upon this same small hill.
I have to say... this was the most charming little cemetery I have every seen! I have always loved cemeteries for some strange reason. I don't really know why. It may be the reverence that they hold, or the fact that loved ones lie to rest here, or the peace from the all the worldly things. I don't know!! Just call me crazy if you must.



There was so much simplicity here.


I love the idea of lilac bushes surrounding me when I have gone.





(one day I will learn how to rotate my pictures)

A lot of the family plots where gated. The detail was beautiful, yet so simple and lovely.








I love the idea of being laid to rest with your entire family surrounding you.





There where so many infants and young people.




I could have walked around for hours reading the headstones. We even seen where
Alice Cooper was buried.(ha ha) It was such a peaceful little place.
And there you have it folks..... the Virginia City cemetery!!!







No comments:

Hello All

Well I have recently been inspired to start blogging. For the last 3 months I have been following some amazing blogs and have been given much hope, happiness and inspiration from people I have never met. It is amazing. I hope that I may be able to inspire others the way I have been. Happy blogging!!!

Blog Archive