Saturday, October 15, 2011

I need to share a little story with you about a lesson that I learned the other day. I took Brandon to the medical supply store to get some stuff for his burn foot dressing changes. As we walked in to the store there was a man at the register. He was buying a reclining chair. (we assume for someone in his fam)He was telling the clerk "what kind of consumer he was" price did not matter,he wanted quality and good customer service.He was just loud enough that he caught our attention as we where walking past. Brandon turned to me and said something to the affect of "he sounds like kind of a jackass". And yes my mom and I where thinking the same thing in our heads. We continued to get our supplies and made our purchases, and was almost out the door when this man approached us. "Is this the young man that just returned home"? he said. (you need to know that we are a little gun shy now because of how aggressive the press is and so we where very slow in giving out any information) "the man that just got home from Iraq( i think is where he said)"? "the one that had his ankles shattered"? Brandon said "No I was in a motorcycle accident" Then the man new witch one he was. He was so kind and asked how he was doing and had a nice little conversation with Brandon. He asked about fund raisers and such. Then he took out his wallet and said "Im not sure how to catch up with you later but I really want to help you out." "Its not much but it is what I have right now" and goes to had Brand a woad of cash. Brandon tried to refuse it. He said no no no its really ok we are fine. That's to much. The man walked over to me and put it in the pocket of my shirt. We said our good bys and he wished Brand well.
When we got out in the car I gave the money to Brandon and he counted it. $100. From a complete stranger! Whom all three of us had just judged and formed our own opinion of without even knowing. I am ashamed of my self!!!! I hope to take this experience and make myself a much better person. I hope that I will try harder not to judge others. I hope that I can find kindness towards complete strangers as he did. I hope that I will someday be able to make a person want to be a better person as he did me.
Thank you so much unknown man. Thank you not so much for the money but for making me stop and think about the kind of person I am, and the kind of person I would love to become!!!

1 comment:

annilee said...

Brenda,
No one deserves it more! You are a trooper. I have thought of you and Brandon on a daily basis. And this is what it's all about...passing it on! Hugs to you and your family!!!! Love, Annilee

Hello All

Well I have recently been inspired to start blogging. For the last 3 months I have been following some amazing blogs and have been given much hope, happiness and inspiration from people I have never met. It is amazing. I hope that I may be able to inspire others the way I have been. Happy blogging!!!

Blog Archive